"We lost because we didn’t win."
- Ronaldo

"We must have had 99 percent of the game. It was the other three percent that cost us the match."
- Ruud Gullit

"It was a big relief off my shoulder."
"I've had 14 bookings this season - 8 of which were my fault, but 7 of which were disputable."
- Paul Gascoigne

"I've never wanted to leave. I'm here for the rest of my life, and hopefully after that as well."
"One accusation you can't throw at me is that I've always done my best."
- Alan Shearer

"It took a lot of bottle for Tony (Adams) to own up."
"Without being too harsh on David Beckham, he cost us the match."
- Ian Wright

"There's no in between - you're either good or bad. We were in between."
- Gary Lineker

"Sometimes in football you have to score goals."
- Thierry Henry

"My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7."
"Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had."
"I definitely want Brooklyn to be christened, but I don't know into what religion yet."
- David Beckham

"I couldn’t settle in Italy- it was like living in a foreign country”"
- Ian Rush

"I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel."
- Stuart Pearce

"What's it like being in Bethlehem, the place where Christmas began? I suppose it's like seeing Ian Wright at Arsenal...."
- Peter Withe

"If history is going to repeat itself I should think we can expect the same thing again."
- Brian Moore

"Leeds is a great club and it's been my home for years, even though I live in Middlesbrough."
- Jonathan Woodgate

"I was surprised, but I always say nothing surprises me in football."
- Les Ferdinand

"The minute's silence was immaculate, I have never heard a minute's silence like that."
"What makes this game so delightful is that when both teams get the ball they are attacking their opponents goal."
"Glen Hoddle hasn't been the Hoddle we know. Neither has Bryan Robson."
"The ref was vertically 15 yards away."
- Kevin Keegan

"The Brazilians were South America, and the Ukranians will be more European."
- Phil Neville

"I took a whack on my left ankle, but something told me it was my right."
- Lee Hendrie

"The only thing I have in common with George Best is that we come from the same place, play for the same club and were discovered by the same man."
- Denis Law

"I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league."
- Mark Viduka

"You’ve got to believe you’re going to win, and I believe we’ll win the World Cup until the final whistle blows and we’re knocked out."
- Peter Shilton

"They compare Steve McManaman to Steve Highway and he's nothing like him, but I can see why - it's because he's a bit different."
- Stuart Pearce

"If there weren't such a thing as football, we'd all be frustrated footballers."
- Bryan Robson

"I was watching the Blackburn game on TV on Sunday when it flashed on the screen that George Ndah had scored in the first minute at Birmingham. My first reaction was to ring him up. Then I remembered he was out there playing."
- Ade Akinbiyi

"The opening ceremony was good, although I missed it."
- Graeme Le Saux

"Football's not like an electric light. You can't just flick the switch and change from quick to slow."
- Brian Moore

"Winning doesn't really matter as long as you win."
- Vinny Jones

"I spent 90 percent of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted!"
- George Best

6 Responses so far.

  1. Really funny. But have some thoughts inside it. thanks for collecting such nice quotes and to share with us.

  2. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

  3. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.

  4. Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

  5. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

  6. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by WebRing.
Online Marketing
OnToplist is optimized by SEO
Add blog to our blog directory.
All the Best Soccer Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory